Terms and Conditions
Terms of Website Use
Use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site or services.
Intellectual Property Rights; Authorised & Unauthorised Use of Images & Content.
All images and text contained on this website remain the property of Adam Burton Photography and is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws. Content may not be downloaded, reproduced, copied, projected, or used in any way without express written permission. The only exception to this applies to registered commercial clients who may download watermarked review-res images from the Stock library solely for comping purposes.
Various tracking systems may be in place at any time to identify unauthorised use. Unauthorised users agree that they will be liable for a standard £150 + VAT minimum administration charge per image plus reproduction fees at the sole discretion of Adam Burton Photography.
Website Orders & Payments
When you place a order on our website, we will e-mail you to acknowledge receipt of your order and payment.
All payments on this website are processed automatically via Stripe. Stripe offers an industry standard secure on-line payments system. You can use any credit or debit card to pay via Stripe and can even make payments if you do not have an account.
UK cheques and bank transfers can also be accepted as a method of payment. Please contact us if you would like to pay using either of these systems.
You can be assured that your order will be suitably packaged to prevent damage during transit. Items will be packaged in the following ways:
- Photographic print orders will be packaged flat, wrapped in cellophane, bubble wrapped for protection and despatched in a corrugated two part box
- Framed print orders will be bubble wrapped, and packaged within protective cardboard
- Book orders will be protected in a cardboard book mailer
- Greeting card sets and calendars will be packaged in a board backed envelope
If you have any questions relating to the packaging of orders, please contact us.
Processing & Delivery
We endeavour to despatch all print orders within 10 working days of placing an order. If for any reason there is a delay, we will contact you by email to advise. In practice the majority of our orders are despatched in less than 10 working days.
Delivery is included for all UK orders. Photographic Prints are despatched directly from the printers either by Royal Mail or courier, depending on size. Framed prints will be despatched via courier. You will be emailed to advise when your print has been shipped.
Presently we can only process orders to UK addresses. If you would like to order an item to be delivered to an international address please contact us for shipping costs and information.
We take pride in our customer service both in the quality of our prints and in the efficiency with which we process orders. However, if for any reason you are not satisfied with the quality of your order please contact us to describe the imperfection(s) and return the item(s) in as-new condition within 7 days of receipt. Upon receipt and after satisfactory inspection of imperfection(s) you will be offered a choice of either a replacement, or a full refund.
Discovery Tours - Booking Terms & Conditions
1. A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of the amount stated in each Discovery Tour description is required at the time of booking.
2. The balance of the Discovery Tour fee is due 8 weeks prior to the commencement date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled, re-sell the place and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 8 weeks or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing. The date on which this is received by us will determine the cancellation charges applicable. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total Discovery Tour price, and are as follows: 8-12 weeks before the Discovery Tour commences 50%; 8 weeks or less before the Discovery Tour commences 100%.
5. Once a deposit has been paid a contract comes into existence between us.
6. Adam Burton Photography reserves the right to cancel a booking at any time after receiving a deposit and / or booking form. In such cases, a full refund will be given.
7. Adam Burton Photography reserves the right to alter or cancel any Discovery Tour due to underbooking or force majeure (see clause 8). Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will then have the choice of accepting the change, transferring to an alternative Discovery Tour (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing and accepting a refund of all monies paid to us. Adam Burton Photography is not responsible for any accommodation booked other than that which is specified in the Discovery Tour description and will not provide refunds for any additional accommodation booked by the client in the event of a Discovery Tour cancellation. Furthermore, Adam Burton Photography will not refund the cost of any travel arrangements (e.g. flights, trains, taxis) made by the client.
8. Underbooking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a Discovery Tour is not met, and if we have to cancel a Discovery Tour for this reason, we will not do so less than 30 days prior to the commencement of the Discovery Tour. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions.
9. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another leader will be provided. If this is not possible, then the Discovery Tour will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 7 will come into effect.
10. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in the Discovery Tour description at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
11. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to the commencement of the Discovery Tour. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
12. The Discovery Tours we run require flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and Discovery Tour description must be taken as an indication of what may take place, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
13. Adam Burton Photography does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
14. Adam Burton Photography accepts responsibility for acts and/or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English courts.
15. The Client at the time of making the booking with Adam Burton Photography represents that not only the Client but all individuals in the party are fit to participate in the Discovery Tour.
16. It is the responsibility of the Client to inform us at or before the booking whether it is necessary to make any special arrangements as regards care or assistance with regard to the Client or any individuals in the Client’s party.
17. Adam Burton Photography reserves the right to assess whether the Client or any individuals in the particular party can be safely accommodated on the Discovery Tour. Adam Burton Photography has an absolute discretion to refuse that Client’s attendance or any member of that Client’s party on the Discovery Tour.
18. Adam Burton Photography reserves the right to require any Client to produce medical evidence of their fitness to travel.
19. Please note that suitably qualified medical personal do not accompany Adam Burton Photography Discovery Tours. Adam Burton is not equipped or trained to deal with a medical emergency or to provide care and assistance in the event of an emergency. If you have any medical condition which may need emergency treatment then you must disclose this at the time of booking to enable Adam Burton Photography to make an assessment as to whether you can be safely accommodated on the Discovery Tour.
20. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the Discovery Tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the Discovery Tour.
21. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you commence the Discovery Tour (whether abroad or in the UK). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the Discovery Tour (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas holidays), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and transport cancellations and delays.
22.1. Adam Burton Photography shall not be responsible to the Client for any loss or damage arising from the negligent act or omission of any third party supplier or service provider or their employees or agents.
22.2. Adam Burton Photography will not be held responsible for the performance or non-performance of any third party supplier or service provider.
22.3. In the event that a third party supplier or service provider does not meet the expectations of the Client, Adam Burton Photography cannot be held responsible for any inadequate or unsatisfactory service supplied by a third party.
22.4. Adam Burton Photography assumes no liability for any act, error, ommission, injury, loss, delay, mishap or damage to persons or property arising from any cause during the course of a Discovery Tour.
22.5. By booking onto a Discovery Tour you acknowledge, are aware of, and accept that there is an element of risk on any outdoor photography tour. Due to the nature of this type of outdoor activity, risks associated with the outdoors are ever present, including but not limited to: risk of falling arising from uneven, rough and slippery surfaces, physical exertion arising from walking long distances carrying heavy camera gear, risk of hypothermia arising from prolonged exposure to cold, wet conditions. It is your responsibility to dress appropriately for the outdoors and to wear appropriate footwear. All Discovery Tour participants entering into a contract with Adam Burton Photography do so at their own risk and Adam Burton Photography accepts no liability or responsibility for death, injury or damage done to their persons or property while participating in a Discovery Tour. It is recommended that participants hold their own personal Public Liability Insurance and it is also essential to take out suitable travel insurance before embarking on any tours with Adam Burton Photography.
22.6. During the Discovery Tour, any visits to sites owned or managed by The National Trust, English Heritage, The National Trust for Scotland, Historic Scotland, and Cadw will not be considered part of the workshop. Any time spent at any of the afore-mentioned properties will be considered free time for which no financial transaction has been made between you and Adam Burton Photography. For properties owned by the organisations mentioned, Adam Burton Photography's official involvement will be to deliver guests to the car park or property/land entrance.
23. By completing this online booking, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who completes the booking does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
All Contracts made between Adam Burton Photography and you shall be governed by the laws of England. You accept that the total liability to you on any matter whatsoever relating to the Contract or on any consequential loss relating to the Contract cannot exceed the total Contract price. Any dispute arising from the Contract must be confirmed by you in writing within 30 days. In the first instance you agree that you and we shall try to reach an amicable settlement via agreement or mediation; if these fail the dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.